Monday, February 22, 2016

Values

I value helping others.  It doesn't matter their background or their religion.  Actively helping is a value I think is imp.  Passively hoping/praying is not something I think is just enough.  Sometimes it's all you can do, but if you can do more, I think you should.

What I have run into in the Neo Pagan community is different.  The thought that, this might be their life lesson, so lets not intervene, annoys the hell outta me.  It comes from Wicca and the notion that one must ask permission before doing spellwork of any kind.  The theory being, that if the Gods want them to experience this, they will smite the person doing the spellwork, if the permission is asked, the smiting goes on the requester.

That's fear.  I do not value it.  I daresay, I equate it to a type of cowardice.  While there may be good advice to ask permission before doing spellwork, the passivity should not rule every type of work or help you may do for someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment