Sunday, July 19, 2015

Jotuns Bane and Lightning across the Plains gossip

Ran across this piece while looking for Loki friendly Heathen gatherings.  Sigh.
http://answersfromvanaheim.tumblr.com/post/47005356174/in-case-anyone-had-any-doubts-that-jotuns-bane

SIGH

I think I should file this under the ethics of THOU SHALT NOT TALK OUT OF YOUR ASS ABOUT SHIT THAT DOESN'T CONCERN YOU.  OR THOU SHALT NOT GOSSIP.

Ok.  A, who gives a rats ass whether or not anyone in Jotuns Bane was or is in Stormfront?  Why the hell does that concern anyone but Jotuns Bane members?  I can tell you from attending Lightning across the plains, I didn't see any racism.  Apparently it was comfortable enough for a Black guy(not sure if he's affiliated with a tribe or not) and his family to attend.  Also first day met a very extroverted Gwythia who is Gay.

My take, whether or not Jotuns Bane thinks stormfront has any ideals that are ok, they aren't coming across when they host or do security.  Neither of the people I mentioned above, are shrinking violets. Maybe instead of gossiping or speculating(to use the more academic word for gossip) about a member of Jotuns Bane, you should maybe have asked previous attendees.  Or maybe just maybe you should have minded your own damn business and not spread drama about.  I dunno, that's just one of those ethics I espouse.  Mind your own damn beeswax unless it's of pivotal concern.  But thats me.

Now on to Stinson and the legal blathering/GOSSIP.

Look, that falls under don't talk out of your ass.  You aren't his mother, you aren't his family and you aren't his kindred.  So until you actually run into the quandry of thinking whether or not to give him money or control over money, why the hell this would stop you from attending Lightning is beyond me.  No one, let me reiterate NO ONE when under the full microscope of legal or internet judging looks good.  To use a Christian ethic, Judge not lest ye be Judged.  Or another take, those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

I'm not saying don't talk about it, but lets not make a giant drama llama, cauldron pot stirring issue. Why, because it's gossip.  No one and I mean NO ONE but him, his mom and those who made the initial complaint really know what is going on.

Now on to the third and most irritating point of the post:  Quoted Which leads me to my point about LATP. Not only is it one of the only heathen gatherings for us Midwesterners, but also…Midwestern heathens are often a terrible lot. Flat-out, Gods-awful terrible. So many people out here claim Heathenism while clinging to the racist, queerphobic, misogynist, and generally backwards views that permeate our communities. JBK is popular in the Midwest because it preaches the kind of Heathenism so many people out here want to hear.That doesn’t make it right.

My response:

OH STFU.  Jotuns Bane is ONE Heathen Kindred not ALL OF THEM.  You are flat out insulting Tyrs Helm, who doesn't espouse that shit.  You are insulting Goldenshield and many other Kindreds I flipping forget.  You are insulting many unaffiliated Heathens as well.

Fuck you.  You are just as bigoted and just as much an asshole for saying that statement.  If Jotuns Bane and Midwestern Heathens were so Gods Damn queerphobic a OPENLY GAY GWYTHIA would not attend, nor would his kindred!

LATP is attended by Ks Heathens, Colorado Heathens, Michigan, North and South Dakota, Texas Heathens and others.  Until you get to know these PEOPLE you don't know their GODS FRACKING politics.  Also to quote someone on Abortion, if you don't like Conservative Politics then DON'T BE A DAMN CONSERVATIVE.  Don't go about making people who are into bad people.

This doesn't make you a good person, it makes you a drama slinging asshole, who can't work with people who don't agree with your political agenda.

Quit making Lokeans look like such a whiny drama llamaing group of people.

Btw  I HAVE ATTENDED LATP.  Outside of being in the closet for being a Lokean, and not feeling quite at home as I do in a Methodist church, I had no issue with the people there.  Friendly(very outgoing), I felt safe enough to let my two non autistic kids run amok.  One of the first people who helped me was an unafilliated Heathen from North Dakota, who is now in Ks and with another Kindred.  Nice guy.  But you wouldn't know that because you are to busy slinging mud about Jotuns bane to stop being an ass.

1 comment:

  1. The Krasskova point is a valid point in the tumblr bit. However I have found in my reading of her and her subsequent posts, I don't find her for me to be a decent person.

    ReplyDelete