Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Food and offering

I've been pondering.  Why do we stick to what the Gods supposedly ate in the past?  Cream and berries and honey for fey, Tuatha De Danaan and Celtic, interspersed with some meat foods.  Greek for Greek Gods? Why don't we branch out, using our UPG?

This pondering brought to you by fa la la latte.  I bought one today and took a sip and went mmmmmmmm. To which I got poked by the Morrigan, make me one.  Ok, I can do that.  Eggnog and espresso make the Fa La La Latte.  Simple even if it is not traditional.

If we humans like to explore other cuisines, why would the Gods not want to do so as well?  Ask them.  I think the only God I know that has some food taboos would be Asherah, and mostly she is hesitant about pork.  Other then that, I don't know of any of the Gods that have a food taboo or go Kosher.

Loki I know, likes many different foods.  He isn't afraid to try new things.  You also don't need to feed him copious amounts of hard liquor.  Though I am getting poked to try making some mead sometime in the near future.

As I type this, I see my cat drinking my left over oohlong tea.  smh.  I'm also getting poked to give Loki, Morrigan, and Cernunnos and The Goddess some apple cider.

No comments:

Post a Comment