Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Cheesy bacon potato soup

The Goddesses want this, so I'm posting the recipe for anyone that is interested.

INGREDIENTS

celery
onion
bacon
potatoes
cheese
chicken stock(I made mine from chicken feet)
butter
flour
heavy whipping cream one pint
two bags of cheese of your choice
thyme
2 tsp garlic
salt
zaatar
curry powder
Paprika

So I cut up half a bunch of celery, and two medium onions, finely.  I sauteed in 3/4 of a stick of butter.  Later I chopped up some bacon finely and added to the pot to crisp.  When the bacon was crispy I added 2 1/3 cups of flour and stirred to incorporated.  This made a roux.  I added the potatoes and stirred again.  I then filled the pot with chicken stock and I am simmering.  I added a pinch or two of the seasonings as well.

Lasly when the potatoes are tender, I will add in a pint of whipping cream, and two bags of cheese.  Om nom nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment