Saturday, February 22, 2014

God Phone and sensitivity

I hear a lot, on how special people are that are psychic.  I hear the term muggles used and other non Harry Potter stuff used, to distinguish between us Pagan sensitives and those that aren't.  I call bullshit.

We aren't special, every human has it.  Some of us just have more practice.  Then others are just more delusional and believe our own bullshit.

Humans are animals.  We have our 5 senses.  We also have our instinct, especially if we don't kill it off with self doubt, coated in logic.  That sense is called intuition and "gut".  Those uh oh feelings.  That person is creepy feeling, but you can't put your finger on it.  Don't go out today, and you find out why.  Or you can "feel" that a dangerous storm is brewing.  Or that inner voice that tells you to call someone you love, but you can't figure out why, but you find out later they needed someone.

None of these are special.  They are tools that we have available to us.  Psychics and those with God phones aren't special, they just have more practice at trusting the crazy shit that comes to us, and understanding we will get the why's later.  We are no more special than the potter who can make bowls and mugs, and other amazing stuff.  We are no more special than the person who can do engineering.  These are all tools and skills.

God phones, is intuition done with more time and more trust in yourself.  I learned by talking initially with the trees.  I learned how to do that by starting free writing.  The key to God phone is your subconscious and your imagination.  You need to learn to discern from your imagination, and from the oomph stuff that is given to you.

One of the things that I learned to discern from that is how much color and noise is given to me.  My imagination gives me color, but not full Technicolor.  The voices are richer.  The Gods have voices like the trees, only deeper.  I can feel the long view in what they give me.  My voice is like a ferret in response and more high pitched.

I figured this out by reading Laurie Cabots Power of the witch.  I adapted her 5 steps to getting to the alpha state.  One of the things in there says you get to it by day dreaming, and reading.  So I used my little man on the shoulder I got from my owies in my childhood to analyze when I entered that state.  Then I practiced going there at will.

A con though.  You can be too sensitive.  I found that out in MS.  I would get panic attacks and see blue lights flashing.  Later on, I saw a cop car.  I was too sensitive.  Yahweh stuck a filter on the back of my head and shook his head at me.  Steps on the ground aren't always an incoming earthquake, so you may need to shield and center and ground more, if you are getting that way.

6 comments:

  1. *Cough* We have WELL over five senses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. < Reminds self for the umpteenth time in so many weeks to share his experiences on grounding practice.

    Also.. I just wish in general that I had a better grasp on what makes a person more or less sensitive to various things, and why. Working with different people, I've met those that are sensitive to the point of being overwhelmed as you mentioned, and those that seemingly no matter the degree of practice and dedication can't seem to break beyond a very basic awareness.

    A lot of the nonsense about 'muggles', 'mundanes' etc. definitely needs to stop. I've even encountered people who feel that something is wrong with them because they're not sensitive to energy or don't "have a god phone" (really don't like that phrase for some reason... tacky maybe is all? Part of why I just refer to people who speak with Gods and spirits as 'mystics'). Even to the point of feeling since they don't hear the Gods, then the Gods must not care about them... etc. Feel that in part, the culture among Pagans and Polytheists over stresses magic and mysticism to the point it creates social pressure to be capable in those veins.

    Then you have the other end of certain groups that outright reject magic and mysticism and... yeah >< so much work seeking balance that needs to be done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See, that's why I wanted to stress, being a mystic is not all the special. It's a skill set. I figure most of us humans have the ability, but not necessarily the desire or the want to put in the practice. And that's ok too. Hey, I have ability for science but it doesn't drive me as passionately as law and history does, and oooh spooky woo woo religious stuff does.

    I have a ton of respect for crafts people, mechanical people and the like. They do amazing things. They may or may not be able to hear the whispers of the wind, or see the colors of the soul, but that doesn't mean, that what they do is any less imp or amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I will also add, Tess's comment about gloves and mystism started this post. Mostly because my eyes were rolling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thought this link may be appropriate:) http://oyasdaughter.wordpress.com/2014/02/23/the-spirit-of-place/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will read that when I'm more with it, also might as well share with you that one of my goals is to develop a religious culture that is inclusive of both those who are and are not mystics, without any pressure to be one or the other. Right now different Heathen type groups seem to be either "mystics are crazy!" or "everybody's a mystic!"... which strike me as places I don't really belong. I've even had a conversation with my mother about how various branches of Christianity handled the issue of mysticism (she earned a degree studying religion from a Christian perspective as part of pursuing being a priest before the Episcopal Church turned her down), and her feeling was that the Church never handled the issue well either. Mystics sequestered themselves in monastic environments and while often were involved in great amounts of charitable work (think Mother Teresea or Francis of Assisi) or contributing to the body of religious writings they tended not to be an integrated part of the greater congregation.

    ReplyDelete