Thursday, February 13, 2014

Why I am a Pagan

I keep getting asked this.  I figured it would make a decent blog post.  Maybe inspire others to share why they are what they are.

I am a Pagan/Witch/Mystic because of dreams.  Being a Pagan kept my fear of the dark at bay.  It gave me tools(shielding, lucid dreaming, allies, ability to astral fight, understanding that what I see is there and I'm not nuts etc) to fight the bad things that go bump in the night.  Praying to God or Jesus did not make the bad things go away, nor the fear.  I still huddled under my blanket at night feeling the fear.

The second reason I am a Pagan, is I agree with the philosophy.  I respect Christians and Christianity and Judaism.  However...  I have strong reservations with a few policies that it has.  It stance on sexuality does not mesh up with mine.  Despite some of the Christian churches taking a different view on women being Pastors, most of the churches stance on that does not mesh up with me.  Those are some hard and fast boundaries that I can't get past.  There are a couple of others as well, but those two are the big ones for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment