Monday, February 17, 2014

Something that bugs me and I need to vent about.

My son, is learning at the local Methodist church about Christianity.  I know the Pastor and I trust her.  I know some of the people there and they are good people.  My son has not decided what religion he is.

However at his school, he went and said Hail to the meat one day.  That evoked a comment from one of the teachers.  Apparently she was not pleased with that, and told him, that is taking the lords name in vain.  He didn't talk back or anything.  However it bothers me that she felt that was ok to do.  Here are the reasons:

1.  It is not your place to put your religious convictions on my child.  You are disrespecting me as a parent.  Back the heck off.

2.  It's hail to the meat, how the hell is that taking the lords name in vain?  I thought that was swears with J and or G-D or G-d dangit.

3. Separation of church and state dangit.

4. Seriously, you can be serious about your religion, but you are getting upset about Hail to the Meat?!!!!!  Chill out.

On the other hand, I am aghast that my son is afraid to speak up, because he is not comfortable telling the teachers, that he doesn't feel it's ok for them to not put their religious choices on him.(ok that is more tactful then he is but still).  What happened to critical thinking and encouraging our children to use it.  Why are we using so much respect my authoritay!11!!!!!!!!1111! and less questioning authoritay?  That is disturbing to me.

Ok, thank you for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment