Friday, February 21, 2014

Trying to find the pattern in what didn't work in communication

I'm trying to analyze stuff in my past life, that didn't work, in regards to communication.  Maybe by posting this, it may help some of you, or not....

I have found, that while I am passionate, I am not someone who is, an activist personality.  I am Pagan, that is not how I define my life.  I do not live my life, just for my religious beliefs.  Ergo, I find I do not get along with activist types, because their politics or whatever is what drives them.  They can't see beyond their own issues.

I can't get along with those, who can't be disagreed with.  This is usually ego or insecurity on their end.  I'm a Lokean, telling me I can't disagree with you or argue with you, doesn't work so well.  Frankly I don't find it healthy on an emotional or mental level.

Most liberal Pagans I have encountered of are of the you can't argue with me level.  Their politics are so ingrained, that if you argue from the opposite side, you are the enemy.  It takes the form, usually of employing belittling techniques(mostly in grammar or spelling, to flat out calling you stupid or saying that you are morally repugnant, for voting for a candidate they disagree with).  Ironically they are the ones who argue the most about tolerance but can't display it or walk the walk.  What they really want is acceptance, but you can't force that on others, and they vehemently refuse to see that.

I have many liberal Pagans on my personal facebook.  However, they usually have enough of a healthy ego, that it's ok for us to disagree.  More to the point, they will argue back with me, just as passionately and mostly do so in a manner that is respectful.  Keeps the personal brain cells going and I enjoy it.

I have learned, that sometimes I just need to let people be wrong(on the Internet or otherwise).  I'm not really good in putting that theory in practice though.  So sometimes loosing people is my fault.

There is more to this, but that's all I got for now, so I will write more later.

No comments:

Post a Comment