Friday, October 25, 2013

Grounding

I guess this week will be about deep thoughts and basics.  So in this post, I will focus on grounding.  It along with shielding and centering is one of the fundamentals.

When you are feeling spazzy, unfocused in your thoughts, flailing.  Go hug a tree, put your palms on the ground, dig in the dirt or garden.  These are simple ways of grounding.

It is used, on a regular basis after Wiccan ceremonies, and where I first encountered it.  It grounds you out from the excess energy coursing through your body, after doing one of the rituals.   It's why cakes and ale came in.  Eating is a form of grounding.

It is also useful outside of Wicca.  http://robjo.wordpress.com/2008/01/17/magick-101-grounding/ Some more techniques.

This one is also interesting http://www.magickofthought.com/2011/09/grounding-everything-you-need-to-know/ but I like the first one more.

I usually ground, when I'm feeling to energized.  Incompatible energy, I can usually transform to neutral energy, I just have to eat some food.  If I'm really in need of grounding, I'll go hug a tree.

I have found trees to be great teachers.  They are fairly neutral and unbiased and patient.  Plus they teach you what you need to know.  Trees can also take icky energy and scrub it from you.  It's where I first learned how to convert energy.  They can also balance out your auric field.  Think on it, they take carbon dioxide and turn it into oxygen.  Some species are great for removing pollution.  They like to eat some wastes products as it is food for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment