Friday, December 27, 2013

Basic respect for the Gods

Basic respect for the Gods, starts with you.  It starts with a basic respect for yourself.  It starts with knowing what you are able and willing to do, when asked.  Basic respect for the Gods starts with listening, and hearing them.  It does not start with libations.  Libations are a source of hospitality.

I wasn't asked for libations when I was younger.  I was asked to listen and learn how to trust my intuition. One of those lessons, was when I was attached to a cemetery(the dead asked me, there was a spiritual place behind the cemetery).  I was poked to go to it and the woods behind it.  After a bit of hesitation I did, and lo and  behold someone was lost.

They didn't want libations from me when I was younger, they wanted me to learn.  Learn how to hone my sensitivity.  They wanted me to learn how to protect myself, in the astral as well learn basic magical protections.

They didn't want libations when I had more money and was more secure.  They wanted me to learn gardening.  Instead of libating, I changed out the landscaping plants to those that were more native friendly.  I worked hard(and it helped my mental state, because at least something I was doing was thriving) to understand soil, and what plants do well for the little things, like the birds and bees.  That taught me to listen to the land spirits.  Libating, didn't teach that, gardening did.  Gardening was more imp.

I learned what was butterfly friendly.  That helped the butterflies, bees and hummingbirds, and birds.  I learned what native plants were endangered and I put them in my garden.  I learned about soil composition and how to compost.  I learned about issues with deer, and wildlife gardening.  That all helped the local land spirits.(I edited this in 12/28/13/)

It is only recently that I have done libations.  When the Morrigan asked for me to circle my house monthly with my moon blood I did.  I also left out cream for her and the fey.  I am not asked that now.  When I have the funds, I will buy things for them, the grove likes the honey yogurt.  She also likes apples and honey.  I make sure that the apples, if the animals don't eat them, are left in the grove, for the seeds to hopefully sprout and apple trees to eventually grow there.  I even looked for blackberry plants in the fall(apples and blackberry are homes to the fey), but they had already been bought.

No respect doesn't begin with Libations.  It doesn't end with Libations.  It begins with listening.

A thought that keeps popping in my head. It has been there for a couple of days, I've wanted to say it in other posts, but hasn't been as clear till now.

 When you go to someones house, that doesn't have as much as you, you are grateful, when they give of themselves.  If you know they really can't afford things, you bring things to share with them, and are grateful for their company.

No comments:

Post a Comment