Thursday, December 26, 2013

Piety

The recent kerfluffle is about Piety.  It also is about respecting the Gods.  It also seems to be about whom to listen to.  I covered the whole who to listen to, in my post below.

Now on Piety.  Smurfette from the Smurfette principle http://stephyjh.wordpress.com/about-the-work/ Is just if not more pious than someone who gives offerings on a daily basis.  She's doing something imp, tasked to her by Bridgette, she's making quilts for young ones in the hospital, who otherwise may not get any blanket coverings.  Now I do not know if she makes other offerings(eats or does not eat them) to Brigid, nor do I know if Brigid even wants those, instead of her doing the work.

Do I give regular offerings, no.  I do it, half hazardly, like I do when I think about close friends and see something shiny for them, that i know would make them smile.  My offerings are not part of my piety, it's hey I was thinking of you, heres something yummy.  Though the fact that I am starting to want to have more yummy foods vs foods that survive, means I'm healing, from a deep pain, that happened in 2010.

I do votive offerings of candles more often.  Again that is more recent.  Prior to that I had statues.  But!! That does not make me impious.  It just means I've run into information that shows that Gods like offerings and I give them.  (speaking of which I need to get some to put outside for the birds).

I do however, put broken peopel together.  That is my biggest job.  That is what they want me to do. I pay for a felons car insurance on my car insurance, even though I don't have a lot of money.  I do it, out of love. I have used my Photography to help Christian Churches, and that is part of my ethics my Gods want me to adhere to.  I learn, in order to help others.  I am the voice of the Gods for those that need one(any God).That is more important to them, than whether I leave regular offerings.

To say that someone is impious because they don't leave offerings the way you do, is hubris.  You do not know of what their Gods have them do, or what they have agreed to do.  It is also busybody as hell.  It screams of Sister Bertha Better then you(Ray Stevens Mississippi Squirrel revival) In short, stop poking your nose in, where it isn't warranted.

No comments:

Post a Comment